Sunday, September 5, 2010

Lemonade Cake

This is a glorified "cake mix" cake.
If that offends you, move on.
After reading the reviews about this cake I knew I would be trying it soon.
People were so critical that this cake uses a
cake mix as the base of the recipe,
they actually lowered their ratings!
I guess I'm not as easily offended:)
I thought it was really good.
I did exactly as the recipe stated and I loved
the punch of flavor that the lemonade glaze gave.

Lemonade Cake:

1 - 3 oz. package lemon flavored jello
3/4 c. boiling water
1 lemon cake mix
3/4 c. vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
3/4 c. sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bundt cake pan, set aside.
Dissolve lemon jello in boiling water and set aside.
Combine cake mix, oil and eggs in a large bowl. Mix until combined. Add the jello, then beat for 5 minutes. Pour prepared batter into the pan.
Make the lemonade glaze by combining the lemonade concentrate and sugar in a small pan, cook long enough to dissolve the sugar.
Bake for 1 hour. While the cake is still warm (and still in the pan) - puncture the cake with a long knife to give the glaze somewhere to go, then pour the lemonade glaze over the cake.
Let the cake cool completely before removing to a decorative plate.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment