Monday, July 26, 2010

Chicken Spaghetti




I haven't cooked out of the Pioneer Woman's cookbook too much, but I do love it and Tamara inspired me to take it out of the bookcase. This is the PW recipe except I changed the chicken bit. The original recipe has a whole fryer chicken that you boil and then shred, and incorporates the stock the chicken has boiled in. I really don't like boiled chicken water--something about it just grosses me out. I know it's essentially the same thing, but I'd rather just open a box or can of stock. I had some leftover rotisserie chicken that I used instead. I like this recipe for how easy it is, especially if you have some leftover cooked chicken-- everything just gets mixed in the same bowl with the cooked spaghetti and then thrown in the oven for a quick dinner.

1 pound thin spaghetti, broken into 2" pieces (1/2 of a 900g pkg)
1 4oz jar of diced pimientos, drained
1/3 C diced onion
1/4 C diced green pepper (I used red)
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 1/2 C grated cheddar cheese
1 tsp Lawry's seasoned salt
black pepper to taste
dash of cayenne
2 C chicken stock
1 C (or more) of diced cooked chicken

Cook the spaghetti until tender and almost done. Drain and put in a large bowl. Add all the above ingredients except for 1/2 C of the cheese that will go on top. It seems a bit runny because of the amount of stock. It does end up absorbing it all and cooks up perfectly. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and bake for 35-45 minutes at 350 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment