Monday, July 5, 2010

My Favorite Summertime Meal

While my sister and I were in Florida we ate an amazing Italian restaurant.
Our appetizer was a beautifully laid out plate of sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella
and arugula, topped with a balsamic reduction.
It was amazing.
Since returning I've been obsessed with that appetizer and make it a meal often.
I've got it perfected, with veggies from my garden and the grocery store.
Nothing beats fresh Mescalin, I happen to have it growing in my garden.
If you have a garden I recommend trying it.
You can use plain arugula or an herb mix of greens. I love fresh basil too.
Use whatever sounds good at the time. Generously drizzle it with a really good
balsamic glaze or reduction. You will find them by the vinegars in your store.

So...what will you put on your plate?

Avocado's? Nothing beats a perfectly ripe avocado.

Tomato? Fresh from the garden...yum.

Fresh mozzarella? If you haven't tried it, do. Find a "young" mozzarella that is soft and comes in water.

Fresh greens? Basil, mescalin mix, arugula, baby spinach. They will all be fantastic.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment