Monday, July 12, 2010

Super Soft Caramel Popcorn

I searched and searched and searched for a soft caramel popcorn
recipe that actually stays soft and finally found this one.
With that being said, it is also horribly addicting.
If you are a fan of soft caramel corn, give this one a try.
Super Soft Caramel Popcorn:

2 1/2 c. brown sugar
1 c. light corn syrup
1 c. butter
dash of salt
1-14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1 t. vanilla
10 quarts of popped corn

Combine sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.

Reduce heat to medium and add milk. Cook, stirring frequently to a temperature of 225 degrees on a candy thermometer.

Remove from heat then stir in vanilla.

Pour slowly over popcorn, stirring until the caramel is evenly distributed throughout.

Store popcorn in a covered container.

Note: You may vary the amount of popcorn used. I like more caramel coating so I use less popcorn. You may also 1/2 the recipe, but I never seem to use the other half a can of sweetened condensed milk:)

Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

  1. One of my most favorite snacks to make. I give it out at Christmas to all my nieces and nephews when they come to visit. Can't wait to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete