Thursday, August 5, 2010

Creamy Cheesy Bruschetta




Like my grandfather before me, I love the clearance produce deals at the grocery store. Yesterday I found a package of 8 tomatoes for $1.50 and had to come home and do something with a few of them right away. These are really quick and tasty; a great thing to have with a salad in the summer for dinner.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut baguette into 3/4" pieces. Toast pieces lightly in the oven. Take out and set aside.

Topping:
2 medium tomatoes, diced into bite-sized pieces. I like to cut the tomato in half and squeeze out most of the seeds before I dice.
1/2 C (or more) of grated cheddar cheese
2 T of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 C mayonnaise
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
dash of pepper

Mix all ingredients together and spread on the baguette toasts. If you like, grate a little more Parmesan on the top, and then put back in the oven for around 6 minutes or so to warm the topping and melt the cheese. Eat warm. Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment