Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Peach Crisp...Cobbler...Crumble.

My intention was to take a captivating picture of this creation once it was plated up with a generous scoop of whipped cream...but literally, before I knew it - the pan was empty.
So, while this picture does nothing to visually inspire you to make it,
let me mention a couple of things.
1. I am the ONLY one in my family who enjoys peaches...
yet there was nothing left.
2. One-dish dessert.
3. I used...shhhh...canned peaches.
4. You likely have everything you need in your house to make this, right now.
'Nough said.


Peach Crisp...Cobbler...Crumble...whatever you want to call it.
3-15 oz cans of peaches with juice (you could easily use 4 cans or 2-27 oz cans)
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. nutmeg (I didn't have any so I used "apple pie spice")
1 t. cornstarch
1 yellow, white or vanilla cake mix, dry
1/2 c. butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Pour peaches with juice in a 9x13 inch pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg and cornstarch. The sprinkle the brown sugar over the peaches.
Next, sprinkle the dry cake mix over the peaches to cover. Drizzle the melted butter on top of the cake mix.
Place in preheated oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top is browned.
Let it cool then serve with whipping cream.
Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment