Friday, May 28, 2010

Mmmm Macaroni and Cheese

Okay so I just went to the dentist and half of a complicated root canal done. It hurts too much to think about eating so I figured the next best thing is to write about food-(but much less fun)! I really love homemade macaroni and cheese. Most of the time I make a cheese sauce and it is a bit more time consuming standing by the stove and stirring. The most effort here is boiling the water ( :



When your pot of water is boiling, add 1 3/4 C macaroni. While the noodles are cooking, mix together the following ingredients:

12 oz cottage cheese
1 C sour cream
1/4 C parmesan cheese
2 C shredded cheddar
1/2 tsp garlic salt
salt and pepper to taste

Drain the macaroni and mix together. Pour into a 9X13 pan. I like to sprinkle breadcrumbs on top. Use around a cup of breadcrumbs mixed with a tablespoon or so of melted butter. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Bon Appetit!

5 comments:

  1. This sounds really good. I never would have thought to add cottage cheese. I'll try it soon.

    Sorry about your tooth. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to test this one out......LOVE homemade mac.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I finally got around to making this for lunch today and it's almost gone now. Love it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jodie Pinsent!!!! This looks super yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete