Sunday, May 23, 2010

Pineapple Cheeseball

This is my friend Maria's recipe and I have made it countless times. I love the sweet and savory combination--so good!



1 8oz pkg of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup of crushed pineapple (drain and squeezed really well to get rid of any moisture)
1/8 cup chopped green pepper
1 tsp finely chopped onion
1/2 tsp Lawry's Seasoned Salt

Mix it all together. It tastes better if it sets overnight, so I don't form it into a ball yet; just scrape it into a container and put it in the fridge. I used to roll it and then put it in the fridge overnight, but my Dad was right, it really does roll with very little mess if you wait until the next day to roll. The original recipe calls for it to be rolled in 1 C of chopped pecans but since my daughter has an allergy, I just use graham cracker crumbs. Serve with crackers.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love this recipe as-well, we really like it with the pecans

    ReplyDelete