Monday, April 12, 2010

Banana S'more Sandwich

I cannot tell a lie.
This is NOT the picture I took.
My picture didn't make me want to make this again...
But...my kids saying, "you're the BEST Mom ever!" did.

I found this recipe in the Harmon's recipe flyer - I rationalized it's "health" benefits with the addition of banana's to the traditional s'more sandwich.
Give it a shot - your kids will love ya for it:)
****
Banana S'more Sandwich:
Serves 4
8 slices of bread - your choice, I used our homemade whole wheat bread
2 T. butter, softened
4 T. Nutella spread (this was my addition because we didn't have chocolate bars laying around)
***2 chocolate candy bars***this is what the actual recipe called for in place of the Nutella
12 large marshmallows - cut in half
2 large bananas - sliced
Heat a griddle or skillet. Place 1/2 T. butter in pan. Spread each slice of bread with Nutella (or break up chocolate bars evenly over bread.) Do the same with the marshmallows and banana slices. Grill until the bread browns and the marshmallow starts to melt. Flip over and grill other side.
Cut in half and enjoy!
Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment