Thursday, April 22, 2010

Greek Couscous Salad

I love Middle Eastern food. My Dad loved it too, especially falafels. I don't actually make them since I can buy authentic ones that taste a whole lot better than I could ever come up with. I do, however, make couscous quite a bit. What is great about couscous, even though it is bland on it's own, there are so many combinations that can change the flavor and make it a new salad every time. Not to mention it is quick and easy.



To make the couscous:
Bring 1 1/4 C of water or broth to a boil. Add 1 C of couscous. Stir briefly and cover. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and let it cool.

The dressing:
1/4 C olive oil
1 1/2 T balsamic vinegar
1 to 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
pinch of salt and pepper
Whisk and set aside

Chop and add into the cooled couscous:
1/2 C flat leaf parsley
1/2 C or so of feta cheese
1/2 C red/ and or yellow bell peppers
Kalamata olives, however many you like, optional

Toss with the dressing. I find it a little too much dressing for the amount of couscous, so toss with as much or little as you like. I use about 3/4 of it. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm. It looks like Middle Eastern week on our blog - couscous and hummus:)

    ReplyDelete