Sunday, April 4, 2010

Creamy Peach Dessert

I was going to make sure the FIRST "jello" recipe came from Jodie...because everyone expects it from me. I live in Utah - but I didn't grow up here and I didn't even grow up eating jello.
But I am going to post this phenomenal "jello" recipe...first. It was given to me by a wonderful woman named Nancy, who works with my sister in Boston. We've gone on a few trips with her and her husband and we never fail to exchange great recipes.

P.S. You wouldn't even have to admit that this recipe includes jello if you didn't want to. Jodie witnessed the deception of my Dad when we made this recipe last summer. He has a weird phobia/hatred towards jello - so we made it and failed to mention jello being an ingredient. He believed us...hook, line and sinker - and LOVED IT!

Creamy Peach - (shh...jello) - Dessert:

2 pkg. peach jello (you may use orange if you can't get peach)
2- 8 oz pkgs. cream cheese, softened (you could easily use 1/3 less fat, by why?)
2 c. heavy whipping cream
1- 28 oz. can peaches, juice reserved
3 small cans mandarin oranges, drained

Drain syrup from peaches. In a small saucepan heat drained syrup to boiling, stir in jello - using a whisk stir until jello dissolves. Put aside to cool.

Using a food processor, puree peaches. Add cream cheese in pieces, blending well after each addition. Add slightly cooled jello. Blend well. You may need to do this in stages, depending on the size of your food processor. It won't affect the end result.

In large bowl whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks. Gently FOLD in the jello/cream cheese mixture until smooth and even. Add mandarin oranges, folding gently.

Pour into a 2-3 qt. mold...or a 9x13 if you are like and don't own a jello mold:)

Refrigerate until firm. Unmold - and/or garnish with additional mandarin oranges or fresh orange slices.

Bon Appetit!

You'll undoubtedly notice that there is not a picture. I tried, really. The jello wouldn't cooperate but the posting must go on...with or without a picture. I won't make a habit of it, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment